Friday, April 2, 2010

My New Method...............

~Made and designed by me. Printed at home and laminated at Staples~


I have a new thing I am trying
and yesterday was my first day doing it.
I am continuing today and I really, really like it.


So it is kinda like Envelope Budgeting.
I have my calories budgeted out to each meal and snack.
Then I have my "Calorie Cash" placed within the designated slot.

As I eat, I remove the amount of
Calorie Cash
I will be spending on my meal.
I really like it!
I find that as I am purchasing my food,
with my Calorie Cash,
I am putting a value on it.
Just as you would while standing in line to buy something.


I did this yesterday....I went to Cato.
They have cuter plus size clothes
and there was a black and white polka-dot dress....
silky with yellow trims and super cute.
On sale for $19.99.
Nice, right?
Well, I tried it on and it looked ok....but not perfect.
Of course.
But I thought "I can wear a cute sweater with it and it would be ...better".
Well, I stood in line and the lady ahead of me took a while.
But that was good.....it gave me some time.
I stood there and decided that I didn't want to pay $19.99 for a super cute dress
that only looked OK on me.
Even with it being $19.99....
it was cute but not $19.99 cute on me.
I put it back and I felt SO GOOD.
Wanting something and NOT buying it is a big thing for me...
need to do it more often.
The NOT buying "feel good" feeling
was way better than the "buyer's remorse"
that I would have had,
had I bought it.
:) So to tie this whole thing into eating and all.....
having my Calorie Cash
and using it to buy my food for what it is worth,
calorie wise,
is really helping me see in a different light.
I hope that makes sense. haha

Confession time.......I ate some Sonic today. Pa~tooie (that is me spitting). UUUHH why do I do this to myself. I ordered it, duh! Then came home and ate it then checked the calories. You ready. 1,250 Calories. uuhuhh I really had to pay for it in my Calorie Cash. I totally blew my budget.....all my morning snack cash, all my lunch cash, all my afternoon snack cash and most of my dinner cash!!!! DUH! It wasn't even good and I felt ill after eating it. I absolutely have buyers remorse! That nasty burger was NOT worth my snacks, lunch and most of my dinner. NOT worth it.
~This is the Calorie Cash spent on that darn Burger~


So there you go.

And maybe with my buying my food
and having
1,900 worth of Calorie Cash
everyday,
I can feel like I am on a food shopping spree every day!
hahaha

4 comments:

  1. bree that is a super cute idea. i love it. you should get a paten on it. the actual $ is so cute. so you do it $1 is 1 calorie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and Yep....I have it as 100s, 50s, 30s, 20s, 10s, 5s and a few 1s.

    I really like it so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! I am soooooooo proud of you! Where did you get that idea from? Or, did you post about it and I totally missed it? I AM SO PROUD of you and you give me inspiration to get better with tracking my food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! I love that idea! That is seriously a great way to think of it because it makes you slow down and think about what you're eating and slowing down is the key to not making mistakes in eating! And about the sonic thing...NO BIG DEAL. As long as you go right back to your diet, and you'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete